Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I'm Not the Expert Just an Apprentice of Love


This is how I started off one of my twitter updates today: "Just because one likes to have grown up conversations about relationships doesn't mean one is implying that they are an expert on the topic". Let me tell you what prompted me to state that….

My Beau and I were having a conversation about this here blog. By the way I am still trying to get him to join in on some of the discussions the way Hank and Nelia did on their blog. Maybe even do a dual couple blog like mr. nichols and his wife do on their blogs. But, perhaps he is internet shy because he sure has a lot to say otherwise….lol.

Anyways back to what I was saying. I said to him that I by no means am trying or professing to be a relationship expert. I was married for a little bit over over 15 years and had my share of both good and bad. I also have been the one that many girlfriends and (strangers in the grocery store go figure) seek for advice on all sorts of things but, still I am not an expert, for I am learning and trying to find my way everyday. I too often seek the comfort of picking the brains of others for further insight on my personal situations.

With this blog I would like to be viewed as more of a Moderator more than anything else. It is just as I said in my blog description; I really want to focus on relationships between Men and Women and the issues they face daily. I hope that this exchange of different views brings further understanding to both men and women.

So yes, I optimistically would like the end result to bring forth increased unity as well as harmony amongst the sexes. I too want to selfishly benefit from these discussions and grow as a person as well as in my relationship with my Beau. So unlike many of the she versus he discussions that generally creates division amongst the sexes, hopefully we will have a reverse effect here at she versus he.

5 comments:

  1. Great point! I dig that idea of a "moderator" who brings up these topics and really opens the floor for men and women to debate them. We're all just learning and trying to figure it out, and sites such as this one help facilitate the discussions.

    And thanks for the shout out! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn’t that the truth though? If we all had the answers there would be no need for debates and blogs like this. I truly have areas that leave me dumbfounded, especially when I think I got a handle on things. Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It feel good to come here and expose the relationship issue we are facing, sometime talking about it helps,it's s sign that we are willing to hard hard to make it work.It's not easy to built a open, honest, loving relationship. people are different, when they come together, they are to compromise and work out their differences. Here, they can get a diffrent opinion and this might help understand the partner and make the conversation easy.
    Thanks Karine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, hopefully when we see what others are going through it can help us better understand what's going on with us. Thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great stuff and clear some good points, thanks

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your take on SHE Versus HE.