Wednesday, July 29, 2009

5 Suggested Tips on How to "Date" or "Court" Each Other


Whether you have just started seeing each other, newly married or a veteran at the matrimony thing, I think it is important to make time to still “Date” one another. Remember back in the day, when our elders use to actually "Court" each other? I feel it is so imperative to always try and slow down from life’s daily hustle and bustle and get that quality time in with one another. Try not to even make it an option. I feel it helps keep the relationship fresh and the communication and passion flourishing.

Here are 5 suggestions on how to continuously "Date" or "Court" each other:

Tip #1. Don’t make your date itinerary a routine or a duty either. Always try something new if possible. If unable to...switch it up a bit with a little added twist and rotate the activities or outings. Make it fun.

Tip #2. Get creative and use your imagination and resources. I do understand that this can be a difficult feat (especially when a night out with the Boys/Girls) seems more appealing. All you can really do is try to make an assertive effort and you’ll be surprise how she/he will come around and may begin to look forward to your dates.

Tip #3. Plan your date night and plan a separate night out with the Boys/Girls so that there is balance. A separate night out with ones peers is necessary from time to time.

Tip #4. If an important scheduled "Date Night" or "Boys/Girls Night" event conflicts with each other, have some leniency with one other and make a joint decision to alternate or swap days.

Tip #5. Try and do things you both like, try some of things that attracted you to each other in the first place. Also, alternate between what you like and what they like with the hopes of appreciating or understanding each others interest even more.

So those are my 5 suggested tips. Feel free to comment with tips and suggestions of your own. Lastly, be sure to have fun loving, appreciating and re-discovering each other all over again.

9 comments:

  1. Good stuff here Karine. This was a good reminder for me because life sometimes gets in the way and we forget these things. I like the tip of splitting the date night and boys/girls night. My wife and I don't have kids yet but we will remember this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Russell. Yes, a night for you to hang with your Boys...ahem (Guy friends) and a night for the Ladies to hang and be Girls. It's just a needed outlet from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping the fire alive in a relationship is so important. I asked my husband for us to take a trip on Monday coming and he said that he has a lot of work to do. I am trying to show him that we need to take some time for ourselves. I am still working on him. Great blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeping those sparks going can be a full time job at times right? I like that attitude, keep working on him hopefully with your efforts and prayers he will slow down for the much needed He/She time :) Thank you for following. I look forward to your comments and appreciate the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karine,
    Great tips!

    GUYS seem to be even more prone to routine.
    Typical Routine: On Demand movie, popcorn, fast sex and then sleep.

    Of course, we both know that gets old real fast.

    So constant reminders are always good. Get your butt off the couch and get motivated.
    Thanks!!
    Bring Back Pluto

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great we have another Guy's perspective! O.k. so GUYS = routine, got it.
    So instead of the (Typical Routine):

    On Demand movie, popcorn, fast sex and then sleep.

    Perhaps we can incorporate an (Alternate Routine):

    How about getting out together and enjoying a movie & meal in (if you live in Atlanta) a setting like Atlanta’s fun date spot for lunch or dinner and movies at Buckhead's AMC “Fork and Screen”. This theater has a nice bar area in the lobby where you can drink and dine at the bar or while viewing your movie. The servers cater to the both you with the use of a buzzer from your seats. You can end the night with some mood and ambiance inspired passion. This way you get out and enjoy the time together but still stick to the routine…sort of.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As a recently married man (5 months and counting)... I must add that dating is imperative. I just graduated from law school and I am in a bind financially. However, the zeal and passion is still burning strong and the need to entertain my spouse is key. I say this because I want to remain the man she fell in love with and work at improving too. I appreciate tip 2... my wife cut back on the manicures and pedicures due to budget concerns so now she goes an 1/8 of the time. Our most recent date involved her coming home from work to dinner, a warm bath with candles and her favorite magazines. We finished with a netflix, a foot rub and exfoliation to complete the mood. Although I am not bringing home the bacon YET (or tofu w/e you like) it was nice to give her some relaxation and appreciation while keeping it fresh and funky! (not talking about the toes)

    Kev

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kev,
    I can appreciate you wanting to remain the man that your wife fell in love with. Many of us(she/he)can take a page from your book. I agree with your idea of planning a date that may be tight and on a budget but, a surplus in creativity,romance and passion.

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of the most interesting and worth reading blog I read.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your take on SHE Versus HE.